At Manly Yoga, we truly believe that a regular meditation practice can create greater peace, calm and wellbeing.
Come and join us for our Introduction to Meditation Course in Manly, where you will learn the essential foundations of a successful meditation practice.
In this five-week evening meditation course, you will learn the principles of meditation, mindfulness and relaxation. You will also explore classical meditation techniques that will help reduce the symptoms of stress, release tension and improve the overall quality of your sleep.
All of these simple, yet effective techniques can be instantly integrated into your daily life, helping you develop a regular meditation practice.
During the course, you will learn the following.
- How to sit comfortably during your meditation practice.
- How to achieve steadiness and stillness of the physical body.
- The importance of giving the mind an object of focus.
- How to recognise the symptoms of stress and anxiety using mindfulness and meditation techniques.
- How to practice both seated and lying down relaxation and meditation techniques so that you can integrate them into your daily life.
The course will also introduce you to the following.
- The yogic terminology of witnessing.
- The theory of meditation at an introductory level.
- The function of the nervous system, in relation to rest and digest and fight or flight.
- The role of melatonin and sleep, and other factors which influence sleep.
- How practices, like abdominal breathing, affect the nervous system.
Each class will include the following.
- Gentle postures to release physical tension.
- Breath work to activate the ‘relaxation response’ in the body-mind.
- Lying down guided relaxation (yoga nidra).
- Formal sitting meditation practices.
This five-week evening meditation course is suitable for absolute beginners, or those looking to revisit and refine their meditation practice.